FastBTC vs Exchange hopping - Community info

Being a bit new to this space - I wanted to try EVERYTHING is could here. One thing that jumped out was FastBTC performance and cost vs moving BTC from Kraken to KuCoin- converting to rBTC and moving to my MM Wallet. On a raw performance basis - both methods were about the same but I found it worth noting that the “manual” method was 20 minutes faster and about 0.1% cheaper in terms of total cost. That difference may not be worth the extra hoops you jump through on manual and the timing could have been entirely due to environmental factors but worth noting.

Hope this info is useful to someone out there.

2 Likes

I love your commitment man!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I am very new to this kind of space and Sovryn. I have deposited some rBTC and bought some SOV and have managed to deposit both for SOV yield farming. Happy days. I did however lose quite a bit from the transfer of BTC from my binance account to FastBTC, this was mainly due to only moving a small amount of BTC (under 100 dollars) and Binance having a set fee.
I imagine I would be better going straight to Kucoin, buying BTC with fiat, trading for rBTC and moving to MM Wallet? I think i am starting to get this Vodoo! and i am actually enjoying it.

1 Like

just found this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see you found a better thread since I have no direct experience. I can tell you that the fixed fees make smaller denom movements inherently more expensive. Still playing around but if the last FastBTC was correct - it turns out to be cheaper than the 2 step process. Not huge but a sat is a sat :wink:

2 Likes

I just used this exact method! much better! low fee to withdraw from binance, then easy steps.
always learning!!

1 Like