Sovrynisation : Doing our part to make sure Sovryn is an competent exchange for users to migrate to

A little add-on note about making Sovryn a competent exchange for trading:

I experimented with margin trading a bit yesterday, a tiny position. And it still felt quite clunky to me. The price feed seemed to be slow to update. The Rbtc/xusd chart showed a price that was about 350 dollars lower than my entry price actually turned out to be. And when I closed my position five minutes later, it seemed to show a different entry price once more. What should have been a simple tiny profit scalp, turned into a small loss - even while ignoring fees.

So as it stands, itā€™s certainly not very practical. I happily use the yield farm and lending side of the Sovryn system, but I canā€™t imagine a significant number of people enjoy margin tradingā€¦?

3 Likes

A simple tip to further facilitate the onboarding process: make adding the RSK network (and the Sovryn ecosystem tokens to Metamask, and maybe other wallets) a simple one-click process.

Hereā€™s a great example from Moonriver, at the bottom:

https://docs.moonbeam.network/builders/get-started/moonriver/

4 Likes

@yago

This seems to be an very useful feature. It can help masses add an custom network to their MM with the click of a button.

1 Like

Little optimizations like this really help in giving a protocol a fluent and optimised feel.

Another thing I would like to see is a one-click ā€˜change your wallet to RSK Networkā€™ button, when you load the Sovryn app while being on a different network. Iā€™ve seen the ā€˜how to configure your wallet for RSKā€™ pop-up a thousand times by now, it gets tedious. It would be nice if there was a one-click switch to RSK button there too. Instead of having to click your metamask, click the network dropdown, scroll down to find RSK, click that, etc. etc. I have 15 different networks in my Metamask and constantly switch between 4 that I use actively. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one. The smoother that transition feels, the happier us modern comfort-focused crypto kids are.

An example of a straightforward-as-can-be popup I really like: click connect wallet on GMX

4 Likes