Sovryn Wallet + Sovryn Mayhem

Feedback#1

On the Home Screen, I think a really cool idea is to have the Sovryn logo centered right above my wallet name. As is, the Home Screen looks like a “scary” …”scammy” app. The Sovryn logo somewhere on this page will add a load of trustworthiness I think.

Feedback #2

On this locked screen, I can still see my details in the background. I think this should be completely blacked out. This goes for all the pages. Also, put the Sovryn logo on this screen! Your brand is strong!

In addition to this, when I setup the app, I just made a simple 4 digit numeric password. I think the app should suggest (but not require) as many inputs like the ledger hardware wallet does! This thing will hold our Bitcoin so we need extra level of security!

Feedback #3

On this page, I wish there was an automatic feature that detected that I had an address copied on my clipboard already. Sometimes the haptic hold on iPhone trips out and the pass button doesn’t pop up right away. So an option that has a pops up that says “it looks like you have a tRBTC address copies to your clipboard” would be pretty cool as well.

Feedback #4

On this page, it would be nice to add a feature that lets the user know that “no asset with SatoshiCoin” exists. Of course, whatever is typed will fill in the void. So for an example, if I type SatoshiCoin, a text below the search bar would say “No Asset named SatoshiCoin”

Feedback #5

This blue has to go! The Sovryn color scheme is so dope, and this blue just screams “default iPhone UI color” so maybe here we should aim to get on brand colors with the Soveryn ecosystem.

Also, I think there needs to be some small text under each options forwarding people to the Sovryn Wiki to learn more about what they are about to click on. Something simple, learn more about lending on Sovryn here (insert hyperlink to wiki)

Feedback #6

I think this is a really good idea to allow people to input numbers to get a direct calculation. Sometime people just want to know how much of a bang for their buck they can get. In many apps (which I hate) do not allow you to see the conversions of you do not have the sufficient funds attempting to be converted. How you guys set it up is nice. If sufficient maybe the button turns green… if insufficient, the button grays out like you have it now! Nice.

Feedback #7

My last bit of feedback is that the UI does not feel or look like the UI on the desktop app. I understand that it is under dev, but the desktop app will be the only touch point many Sovryn folks will have experienced before using the wallet. And they will have come to learn, love, and easily move around and appreciate the desktop app. What I hate the most about UIs from companies is the desktop version looks TOTALLY different than the mobile version. KuCoin is a major culprit of this.

1 Like

Hey, you are on mainnet right now. Switch to testnet in settings tab, choose networks and toggle “use testnet networks” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sovryn Wallet + Sovryn Mayhem

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Android 9

Downloading Sovryn wallet in the Playstore App went smoothly. Just one wallet is available under the name “Sovryn”. I had to doublecheck with Sovryn instructions to make sure it is the correct one anyway. Better safe than sorry. Creating a new wallet is easy to do. New users should be aware that only handwriting each of the 12 words on paper and storing it somewhere safe is the real way.
I wouldn´t wanna use the “copy” button of the Sovryn Wallet. You never know.

Setting a passphrase & or Fingerprint Security is state of the art and reliable.
I´d like to see further protection like 2FA or the use of a Yubikey as further steps.
I like the clean and purist design of the app.
It doesn´t flood you with data & numbers and gives you a feeling of control.

On the bottom you have the bar with four symbols from left to right for “Wallet”, “Swap”, “Earn” & “Settings”. Again I like the clean & minimalistic approach.

The first symbol “Wallet” shows (from top to bottom) the name of your wallet (default Sovryn Wallet #1) and your wallet´s address right below. There is a page symbol next to the address which should copy the address by pressing the symbol but right now it has no function.

Then you see your total balance (following the instructions on Sovryn Wallet + Sovryn Mayhem to receive an amount for testing from one of the two faucets worked well) and below the symbols for send & receive & history.

Pressing the “send” button shows all necessary information needed like recipient, QR code scanning function, address book, amount, actual balance and transaction fee plus the choice of assets of course.

The receive “button” leads you to the QR Code & your address for the chosen asset. A warning to only send the fitting asset to the address & a “copy address” button leaves no space for guessing.

The “history” button shows every transaction made with the app. Receiving tokens from the test faucet is not shown in the history. I don´t know if it is technically possible but even on Liquality Wallet I receive my BTC but it is not shown in the history. Also I´d like to see a download possibility of your history for tax purposes. Otherwise no complaints here, by clicking on the transaction a detailed page shows everything on the transaction & even a link to the explorer, RSK for instance.

Off to the next symbol on the bottom bar, “Swap”. The “Swap” section is pretty self-explanatory and intuitive although it took me a while to figure out that one changes the slippage by clicking on the gear-wheel symbol. Stupid me!

Other than choosing the assets and changing the position from “send” to “receive” via the arrow there is not much more excitement. I was a bit confused cause the testnet prices are so different from the real assets. Therefore the swapping didn´t have the transparent feel for me but maybe that´s just me. Swapping tSOV into tRBTC had a crushing loss of 27.44% as a consequence which I found quite disturbing.

The next symbol is the “Earn” symbol, for lending & yield farming (lending is a field I am not too familiar with cause I chose yield farming as my tool of choice and then usually lack the funds for playing in that lending field).

I tried it out anyways and there is not much that can be done wrong other than deposit an amount, get your interest (on Lending) and withdraw later. The interest is shown and I guess it is monthly interest shown but to me that remains a mystery.

The “Market Maker” symbol is for yield farming where you choose your preferred token pair (SOV & RBTC for example) and provide liquidity to both sides of the pool in an equal amount.

The last button is “Settings” and shows the number of wallets, Network, Changing of passphrase & fingerprint, learn about Sovryn & report issue (both buttons immediately redirect you to websites – this could be indicated somehow) and a red delete bar.
Once you press the button you get a finale warning that you are about to delete all data and can only recover your account with your seed. So an accidental pressing of the button doesn´t do anything.
That´s about it about the Sovryn. My verdict is very positive so far with some possibilities of minor improvements.
Some confusion might be due to playing on a testnet (the Swap from tRBTC to tSOV with almost 30% loss was a shocker) and could probably be addressed easily.Excited for more – over and out for now.

Android.

Another seed phrase thing:

It feels a bit weird that (without copying and/or writing it down) when proceeding to the next screen I can just wildly tick the options until correct seed phrase is entered and verified.

Eg I not even bothered to remember anything… just clicked the words until phrase is correctly in row.

It’ll be probably better to have them numbered (like already suggested) and not instantly verified. But then, if verification should fail in the end… ask/error/Info about being sure to remember seed, cause only way to recover, etc etc… and don’t let users pass without validation of seed.

Another thing is to may have displayed 2-3 words not consisting in seed.

This just to be very sure user has to have his seed correctly memorized/saved before moving further.

By the look of your screenshot it looks like your app is using the “live” networks and not the “testnet” ones.
Have you tried going to Settings > Networks and check if you have enabled the “Use testnet networks” option?

1 Like

Wallet Review (Sovryn Mayhem)

Device and OS version: iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15.3.1

1. Unable to set a custom slippage - Selecting the custom option on “Swap Settings” causes the keyboard to pop up and obscure the input field as shown below. The user is able to enter a slippage setting using the keyboard but has no way to confirm it. If you’re savvy you can swipe down on the “Swap Settings” pane, forcing it to close, and hiding the keyboard. However, the default setting would always remain.

1. Depositing to the BTC/BNB AMM (Market Maker) - I was able to deposit and withdraw liquidity from every pool except for BTC/BNB. The app would crash each time I clicked the deposit button.
  2. Lending USDT - As shown below, the USDT lending pool only gives the user an option to withdraw.

1. Send/Receive - I was able to send rBTC from my Metamask wallet on RSK Testnet to the Sovryn App but not vice versa. Each time I attempted to add my Metamask address as the recipient using the QR code the Sovryn App rejected it as invalid.

2. Active Transactions should be renamed Recent Transactions. The term active infers the transaction is still pending and could be confusing. It makes sense on the Swap page while a transaction is pending but not on the wallet page.

3. I did not like the location of transaction details on the wallet page. It should be located below the list of assets as shown below.

1. Takeaways - Great work! I enjoyed test driving the app. It would be a great addition to the Sovryn ecosystem. The only other problem I had was the app crashing from time to time following some Swaps. The swaps would end up going through but I would have to erase the app and download again. Seemed to maybe be connected to Face ID. Once I stopped using Face ID it seemed to work better.

Samsung S22 Ultra, Android 12

• Tooltip that shows full content for addresses/hash or any lengthy text that gets truncated inside transaction history or to/fro wallets. This is useful for copying and pasting. (A popup for successful copy is helpful, more clarity than a bobbing animation)

• Ability to add custom assets on main page. I know automatically new assets will show up if the wallet has them, but will be useful in the future new RSK projects.

• Adjustment of gas fees for sending, Rootstock has relatively low gas fees but the choice for slow/med/fast should still be offered as complex contract executions can start to be taxing on smaller wallets.

• Simple line graph for Lending/AMM pools to show past days interest/APY at a glance for comparison, just like how live.sovryn.app has it.

• Successful transactions to pop up under phone notifications when app is minimised, the details shown can be controlled by user

• Slippage tolerance as a slider, more granularity

Thank you all for your feedback! The competition is now over and we are reviewing your findings and will choose winners today.

Again, thank you all for your feedback, it will make the app better :slight_smile:

So now congratulations to our competition winners:
@gamma, @cliff.btc and @savagehenry.

Each of you three will receive 100 SOV!

2 Likes

Hope you guys will make this frame smaller so that we can maximize the viewing angle for each trade, thus not only helping us to make quick trading decisions but it can also play a part in increasing The number of transactions in the app is even higher. Thanks for listening

3 Likes