SOV subsidies for stakers

This is a good thread, thanks @light. My concern after yesterday’s AMA was there is little to no financial incentive to stake early (not even an asymmetric gamble). Instead you can just sit on sidelines and wait to see if fees get larger. So, I was leaning towards some sort of subsidy or reward. However, I’m changing my tune for all the points mentioned above.

Ultimately, I think we all agree – Staked $SOV value should be derived from yield earned as an actual productive asset and in @exiledsurfer words, a participatory revenue share (‘PRS’). This IMO is what will separate SOV from shitcoin(s) and ponzinomics and ultimately justifies the token existence

On the call we referenced “data” and “statistics” that can inform our decision making. What exactly does that mean and when will it be ready? As simple hobbyist data analyst, I’d love to explore and see if I can contribute on this front. However, I have no idea how to get setup extracting data from RSK and Sovryn nodes. Is this something that can be made available or we could get assistance on? I just need to be able to get the data in a work-able format then we can toy around with it and see what if anything we can extract. I’m hoping this is something reasonably simple, but IDK?

I think some base-line metrics like Cost of Customer Acquisition (“CAC”) and Customer Lifetime Value (“LTV”) would allow us to create dynamic measurements that show how much revenue we get from each customer, which products and services people demand and then mostly importantly how much was our cost to get that customer?

Then we can use that to inform how much SOV from the adoption fund should be allocated and to which type of marketing campaigns. This is what will lead to higher staking rewards and justifiable token value.

2 Likes