SIP-X: Transfer of vested/staked funds to a new address

SIP Title Author Status Track Created
X Migration of vested/staked funds to a new address Hyperboreyan Draft Parameter 2022-XX-XX

SIP-X: Migration of vested/staked funds to a new address

Let’s start with this first proposition and the discussion :slight_smile:

Description:

As an end-user, I want to be able to transfer my vested funds and my staked funds to a new address.
(Note : for simplicity purpose, I do not ask to separate the 2 = subject to discussion)

As a result, the context of the running contract will be stritcly moved to the new address, so that the end-user will find exactly the same configuration (same locked amount + same staking/vesting periods, same voting power, same delegation…)

(To be discussed)

• “Total earned fees Available” are moved as well ? (nice to have I think)

Motivation:

The following cases have been raised :

• Moving to a hardware wallet
  • Doxxed/KYC existing address
  • ?

Details:

From a GUI perspective, a new link “transfer” or " migrate" could be added in the bitocracy page.
Then a screen asks the destination address to the enduser.

This action can be subject to special fees (especially if we want to limit its usage) : to be detailed if it’s relevant

It’s NOT a mean to end a staking period prematurely.

License

Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

12 Likes

I wanted give this SIP some time as I knew the team would be busy with the roll out of other features.

There is support for this idea as seen in the original post and every time I read about a metamask hack I am reminded of this issue so lets start the discussion again if there are any objections.

1 Like

Glad this issue made it into a draft.

I’m strongly supporting it, not only out of own interest, but also from a general security perspective.

At the time most users locked up their SOV directly/indirectly in staking/vesting contracts, the (supported wallet) options have been very very limited. As hw support and current integrations just haven’t been available, or been in unsafe/experimental condition.

3 Likes

I also support this SIP. I am now using Metamask connected to a hardware wallet, but would much prefer to use just the hardware wallet. Being able to transfer my staked funds put of Metamask would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Great idea in my opinion!

1 Like