Problems staking Sov from Ledger

Are there any known issues staking SOV from a ledger HWW (I’m using an X)?

I’ve tried with Brave and Chrome, with/without VPN. All parameters of the staking transaction are approved on the HWW but after the ‘approve and send’ step, nothing happens (no SOV reduction in HWW balance, no increase in staked assets, nada). In case relevant, I connected to HWW through nifty.

Purchase of SOV went through (relatively) easily using rBTC. But not able to support this as I’d like to by staking.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

same issue here. Ledger nano S

16/04/2021 Follow up.
I tried a different route, using Nifty browser wallet (connected to HWW). This meant I could now see an error message, that my rBTC balance is too low to authorise the TX (I had thought it would deduct this from my SOV balance).

I’ll try moving adding some rBTC and get back to you. But my (probably obvious) suggestion is, check you have enough rBTC in your wallet to pay the fees.

1 Like

18/04/2021 Conclusion.
OK so it was my stupid mistake. Funding the wallet with rBTC means that I’ve now been able to stake.
I find that nifty allows me visibility of the error messages BUT the transactions do not complete. However, if I use the direct connection from the Sovryn app to my ledger, then transactions (e.g. staking) do succeed (as long as I have sufficient rBTC on it!).

Exactly, I’ve skipped Nifty, and using Ledger directly. Just (for the future) need to manage how to transfer rBTC back to BTC :slight_smile:

Have just joined and had no problem using my Nano X to swap RBTC for SOV or staking it BUT I had read on the WIKI that you must have a small amount of RBTC for GAS in your wallet as all swaps, stakes and delegation is funded this way so I left $50 worth unconverted. The fees are negligible though, but can’t be paid by SOV.
I am using Brave browser 64 bit for Windows 10.
Hope this helps

1 Like