[Circle of Tokens] 1. Proposal: Change Liquidity Mining rewards

Well if we don’t care we have no other coins in our platform for trading then you are right, there is no point to reward the LMs. But if we want our platform to have trading pairs, then we should try to keep liquidity on our platform. Now looks like you don’t care if we have BNB trading in our platform, then yes it makes sense to stop the LM rewards and for sure the liquidity will leave the platform and we don’t care if it does.

1 Like

That is a good point, having more pairs could lead to more use cases. If we just remove all of them we are left with little things to do… is a bit tricky isn’t it?
Is hard to get a DEX when there aren’t many tokens to trade with, and most people on RSK (I think) tend to lean on the opinion that Bitcoin is the main asset to hold and don’t even want BNB or ETH… I think this might be a key issue of building DEFI on BTC.

We need tokens that Bitcoiners would want to hold, projects design for this kind of person. The MOC ecosystem comes to mind here. I know all their tokens are already on Sovryn, and that is amazing… I think we need more platforms like this on RSK and bring them on board!

2 Likes

I think ideally we have this flourishing platform with tons of tokens trading and generating much revenue. But I think we received a message loud and clear that Bitcoin community and even the Sovryn community isn’t quite ready for all these different tokens (see sub-protocol drama). At some point that could change, but in some of Yago’s recent discussions I believe we indicated a focus on Bitcoin, SOV and XUSD. This feels like the right call since there is so much hesistancy to any other token. We can build out these products and primitives first, then re-explore new token ideas.

Ultimately, Liquidity Mining rewards can be turned back on at any time. Even liquidity that potentially leaves could come back with proper incentivization, but we cannot get back bad LM rewards we’ve given out.

5 Likes

This makes perfect sense to me :slight_smile: and the right path to continue forward!
I’d love to see real Tokens that Bitcoiners can embrace with use cases and not just speculation behind them… That would be awesome to have! I think MOC, Bpro and Riff are some of them, hopefully with time, as the space attracts more entrepreneurs this will start to happen.

However it is really good to se the platform adapt to the signals of the market and change tracks when need be, while still retaining the ability to go back if the landscape changes. So my kudos to the team!!!