BCW DAO Introduction

who cares, we are a big group, some agree, some don’t. We allow different opinions and we don’t get upset about it, take it personally. We don’t vet anyone, you are going to get arseholes everywhere in life and there are some in BCW as well, no different, just don’t get caught up in it all. As they say, there is always one in a fourball…

there are probably some arseholes involved with SOV as well, so what, we are all human, nobody is perfect. but more importantly, lets just get on with it…

1 Like

thats what SIPs and voting is about, casting an opinion, lets put it to the test, create a SIP, and see what happens, no big deal

If the SIP passes the vote, the exchequer has to give funds, not so…

1 Like

Sure. If this is voted on via SIP i will respect and support the outcome, whatever it will be. That’s what our bitocracy is about - finding consensus even if there are different opinions.

1 Like

Hi Sacro, I’m not here everyday, but first let’s make sure we’re all on the same page. 6 months ago on December 14 Yago agreed to set up a BCW DAO for marketing Sovryn and to invest a first $100K in it. The DAO members would decide how to best use those funds to market Sovryn. If successful, the DAO could get even more funding in the future and be on-going. If unsuccessful, the DAO would just vote to send the funds back to Sovryn.

Right now this Sovryns.com Telegram advertising project, currently the one and only surviving project, has been ready to start advertising for more than 3 months by now. However, although numerous communications here and forth, no funding has been received by our DAO.

Considering recent developments, like BCW recommending selling everything, most of us remaining BCW Sovryns - lots of less communicative BCW brothers - feel the DAO should perhaps become a whole inclusive Sovryn Marketing DAO, so no BCW effort only anymore.

And also to be sure, any $SOV price action would be highly appreciated, but this goes with the DAO its primary goal to attract new platform users, preferrably BTC and SOV Hodlers. So, the DAO its goal should not be dependent of any bull or bear. Nor does this one project cannibalise any core target audience who would be on Sovryn its radars, just new people who Sovryn by themselves obviously does not reach.

Being unofficial volunteers, so not allowed to officially represent Sovryn and parttimers in our spare time of course, and unsupported so far, we sought for a target audience within the reach of our means, so again not necessarily the primary most suited target audience. But hey, consecutive official and salarized Sovryn marketing teams failed in this respect.

To resonate with this secondary target audience of us, we used quite some strong language here and there. And “scammy”? We’re clear about being an unofficial support community. We present lots of verifiable fundamentals - strong evidence afaic - and repeatedly refer to official Sovryn domains.

However, we’ve seen that other Sovryns took offense somehow, both BCW and non-BCW btw. Well, again, I can only assure you we’re in for more Sovryns, maybe not each and everyone being your preferred discussion partners, but people who’d love to be souvereign and make a buck or 2, hey maybe even 20, wouldn’t you? But I guess we could back somewhat down in our language of course, to gain more support from the overall Sovryn community. Hence, we could be trading off somewhat of our target audience its juice for broader support… But again, if I’d be you or anyother Sovryn, then I’d rather focus on consecutive and salarized official Sovryn marketing teams not delivering.

Now after 6 months, I’m not going to debate a whole lot more than what I’ve mentioned above. In this respect, I also want the initial BCW DAO its Q1 decision to take effect fast. However, as mentioned, I’m up, and most of us will be up if I’m right, for new non-initial BCW members, but especially new Sovryn Marketing DAO members who contribute by efforts in this or any new projects, not some other new ideas or disapproving comments only. An all inclusive Sovryn Marketing DAO that performs by walking their talking.

8 Likes

I really like the idea of reaching audiences that normally would be hard to get to using our usual routes.

That being said, I would love to see a bit of change in the message that the website promotes!
Educating and getting new users to use the Sovryn Products other than buying the token would be great, Sovryn really does have great products and we have to bring users to the platform and not token buyers necessarily.

1 Like

I think it is pretty obvious that the relationship between BCW and Sovryn is over and any funding for this DAO is not happening. However, the work that has been done on the web page should not be wasted and I think any BCW members that would like to contribute to Sovryn should be welcomed with open arms. Let’s just put the whole ordeal behind us and focus on Sovryn moving forward.

Now, the language and communicative style on the web page might have worked during the bull market, but it seems pretty off to be talking about “100x”, and “shitloads of money” at the moment. So, as has been commented elsewhere in this thread, I think a clean up of the language would be smart. I also think Pomp gets a bit too much focus. I do like the logo though!

I understand that there hasn’t been done much work on the web page for a while, but now is a perfect time to update it and perhaps give plenty of space to Zero now that it is in beta - and soon will be open to the public.

1 Like